Shark-bitten surfer heads to bar first instead of hospital
Frank O'Rourke is a professional surfer who was bit in the elbow by a shark in Jacksonville Beach over the weekend.
But unlike most of us, the 23-year-old didn't immediately head to the hospital for help. Despite the deep, bleeding gashes in his arm, O'Rourke had another stop to make first.
"He immediately went to a bar because he was like, "I got bit by a shark," and people were like, "I'll buy you drinks," O'Rourke's friend, RJ Berger, told WJXT-TV in Jacksonville, Florida. "So he went and hung out at the pier."
"Shark comes out of the water and grabs onto my arm, right by my elbow," O'Rourke told ABC News. "Kinda tugs a little bit and thrashes," he said, before joking, "I guess it tasted me and was like, "Nope.""
According to a statement from a Jacksonville Beach Pier spokesman, shark attacks are rare in the area.